1. How should we first try to determine the meaning(s) of special words in the Bible, like baptism?
a. Use Bible dictionaries or references, though they may not all agree
b. By the context; how they are used in and throughout the Bible, the actions they create
c. By documents defining the meaning of Greek words when the Gospel was first written, including how to shoe a horse
d. Using old English dictionaries which first gave a meaning to baptism, and those which redefined this meaning
2. Where were the prophecies about baptism first given in the Word?
a. Old Covenant, Old Testament
b. Old Covenant, New Testament introduced by John the baptizer
c. New Covenant, New Testament introduced by Jesus
d. New Covenant, New Testament introduced by Peter at Pentecost
e. New Covenant, New Testament by Paul
3. What is the baptism which Jesus came into the world to give us?
a. A physical baptism of water
b. A spiritual baptism of the Holy Spirit†††
4. How do we receive this baptism?
a. We earn it by doing good deeds
b. We earn it by faith and good deeds
c. We must repent and have our sins forgiven
d. Our Father spiritually forgives all the sins of any who will surrender our will to Him
5. Who first received this baptism?
b. His Disciples
c. Believers at Pentecost
d. Jewish believers at Pentecost in Jerusalem
6. When did Jesus first baptize anyone?
a. Before His death and resurrection
b. On Resurrection Sunday
c. At Pentecost after His ascension into Heaven
d. Jesus never gave His baptism to anyone while on earth
7. Who did Jesus first baptize?
a. All who would repent and be baptized with water
b. All who would believe in Him
c. Some of His disciples
d. The Jewish believers
8. How did Jesus baptize them?
a. He poured water over them
b. He sprinkled them with water
c. He immersed them with water
d. He breathed on them
9. When did Jesus next baptize anyone?
a. After He had baptized His disciples, it was offered to all who would call on His name
b. After Jesus had ascended into Heaven
c. At Pentecost
d. More of the Jewish believers and then the Gentiles
10. How did Jesus baptism them?
a. They were immersed in water
b. They had water poured over them
c. They had water sprinkled on them
d. With tongues of fire
11. Where in the Word of God does it tell us the 12 disciples where given a water baptism in the New Covenant of Christís grace?
a. In Acts it says they were washed with water on Pentecost†
b. It does not say in the Word that the 12 disciples where given a water baptism in the New Covenant, only that they baptized others
c. In Acts it says they were immersed with water on Pentecost after the Spirit was given them
d. In John when the disciples where baptizing others it says they were baptized also
12. Do we need to be given a baptism like the disciples where given to be saved, become one with Jesus?
a. Yes we need to be given the indwelling of the Spirit to be saved
b. Yes we need to be given the indwelling of the Spirit, and be washed with water to be saved
c. No we do not need any kind of baptism to be saved
d. Yes we need to be given the indwelling of the Spirit, and be immersed with water to be saved
Copyright 2014 by Ron Borkey